8.10.2006

Its the Little Things....

I'd been meaning to write a post about how, despite other things constantly going against you, its the little victories you gotta look forward too. The post was inspired by the fact that it turns out my employer had been working my tax out wrong and once I got it fixed I was due a very healthy rebate. This was excellent news for 2 reasons

  1. I get some money I didn't know I was due
  2. I don't owe the inland revenue money

So hurray a little victory for the little guy. However my good news was quickly and somewhat ruthlessly offset by the fact that some wee b@stard burnt out our car last night in Glasgow city centre. Whereas before I was excitedly waiting for the post in the morning in the hope of my rebate cheque morning, now, unfortunately, my excitment has been replaced by constant worry because I'll have to wait and see if our insurance will cover us and pay us out a decent amount.

I'd like to be more optimistic and be sure that the insurance claim would go through but experience has now taught me not to count it as a little victory until the claim checque is in my hand!!!