1.23.2006

Today? Depressing? NEVER!!

Apparently today is the most depressing day of the year. Especially if you play for Hearts (boom boom!!). Ahem. Joking aside I had a good weekend. Celtic won. Hooray! Liverpool lost. Boo! I built a poker table. Hooray! I won the money on said poker table. Hooray Hooray!!


Yes, you read that right. I built a poker table. Not a great table I grant you, but a functioning poker table at a total cost of £15.79. I was having a couple of mates over on Saturday evening to try drum up a bit of interest in a regular card game. In my enthusiasm to organise the game I'd forgotten we didn't have a suitable table in the flat for the game.

A quicker legger to argos and for £9.99 I got a nice folding camping table that would do the job. Someone in one of the other flats had chucked out a bit of laminated plywood that sat nicely on top of my table and gave a bit more surface area. When unpacking the table from its packaging I'd been careful not to tear it and after bit of blue-peter-tracy-island-toilet-roll-insert-magic I cut and folded my way to something that was almost but not quite, entirely unlike a poker table.
I had bought a kidnapper style roll of duct-tape for £5.80 and taped all by folds and cuts to make it a bit more solid and then covered the table with 2 bits of baize I'd got in a poker set. The result, although far from perfect, really helped add a bit of authenticity to our rookie poker night. Sorry for the quality of the pictures. My camera phone is rubbish.

oh yeah. I won £34 quid in the game too ;)