9.07.2007

Younger then I look

I am a day younger than I actually am. This is an awesome fact and one that exists because the nurse who helped delivery me on that very important day got her days mixed up and put in the previous days date on the birth cert. Maybe there was a reason for this, maybe she just wasn't very bright ( and yes I know a nurse could be a him but come on we're talking about Ireland in the 70s here folks !!). Either way the result is my birth cert and when my mum says I was born are conflicting dates and my mum went through enough for me to give her the benefit of the doubt and her recollection is my official birthday.
I've been trying to figure out if there's some way I could turn this bit of info to some kind of use. Suggestions welcome but right now my best is that in 80 years or so from now I'll beat some guy by one day to being oldest man alive and as he dies (the day before I go) after missing out on the newspaper coverage and medals and large parades I have been so lucky to receive I explain on his death bed that it was all a big mistake and he's actually older than me. I'm sure he'll take the joke in the spirit it was intended