3.02.2006

Toe Job

I'm not a happy camper. Ten minutes into my first game of 5s in over a week and I'm limping out of the game thanks to an ill-timed (read: shit) tackle by a fellow player. Playing 5s with people from work tends to put the brakes on smacking someone in retaliation for rubbish (and painful) tackles so I'm indulging in a bit of self-pity instead.

I have what we call in the medical profession (thats Dr. Hooped to you!!) Turf Toe but can also be described as a really sore toe that hurts to walk on and once the swelling goes down is going to look gross and bruised and probably a bit yellow. A bit of searching on the web and a call to my private healthcare's 24 hour helpline and the diagnosis and treatment was complete. Actually I wouldn't recommend searching the web too often for healthcare advice as its easy to get carried away and imagine yourself having the symptoms for all kinds of nastiness.

So looking for the silver lining (and belive me its taking a lot of self control to be upbeat about this) with the advice being to take it easy for a couple of weeks I guess that gives me a bit more time to catch up on my reading, DIY (nothing heavy, mind) and other such 'exciting' pastimes.